Greetings from The Madison Brass! We applaud your interest in the history of our region and commend your efforts! We can make your historical events come alive with authentic period American music. Since our conception in 1981 we have performed many historic locations and events in this part of the Midwest as well as using this great American music on many of our concert programs. A few of these locations include Rockford's Midway Village, Villa Louis on the Mississippi at Prairie du Chien, the Tallman Restorations in Janesville, Lincoln Center in Beloit, the Dean House in Monona and the Annual Convention for the Wisconsin Council for Local History in Madison. The photo above was taken during a historical program at the the University of Aurora.
The Madison Brass was chosen to dedicate the new State Historical Museum on the Capitol Square with a performance and in 1992 to play a program of 19th Century band music for the Governor's Conference on Tourism in Milwaukee. Our interest in the music of the Civil War brought us to Manitowoc to perform for the Civil War weekend at Pinecrest Historic Village. Generally we try to preserve the ambience of the event. For example, we perform 19th Century American Music in the period attire of a town band. We have performed at a Gay 90's and Civil War weekend at the Naper Settlement near Chicago, a World War I weekend at Stonesfield Village, a Victorian Banquet at Villa Louis and a program of Circus Music at the Circus World Museum in Baraboo. We have also played concerts for the State Historical Museum in Madison and the Civil War weekends at the Grignon Mansion in Kaukauna and Pinecrest Historical Museum in Manitowoc. Please keep The Madison Brass on file for any future historic events where live music can be enjoyed. Each program is "custom tailored" for your specific audience and event!
Please keep The Madison Brass on file for any future historic events where live music can be enjoyed. Each program is "custom tailored" for your specific audience and event!For more information and bookings please call: (608) 221-2930
- Fairest of the Fair - J.P. Sousa
- Stephen Foster - Concert Medley #1
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Irving Berlin
- Over There Somewhere - WWI Medley
- The Fireman's Polka 1850s - Traditional - Boston Fire Department
- Battle Cry of Freedom - George Root
- Lilly Lee - American Brass Band Journal - G.W.E Friederich
- Lilly Lee Quick Step - American Brass Band Journal - G.W.E Friederich
- Signal March - American Brass Band Journal - G.W.E. Friederich
- Maggie By My Side Grand March - American Brass
- Old Dog Tray - Civil War - Stephen Foster